[Write2Win] Result of December 2013 competition + Free Notes for Everyone: Iran deal, Critically endangered species ready reference table, Pressure group, IR, Economy, Polity and moreDevendra Vishwakarma
- Constant contributors=separate author page
- Platinum Category articles
- The Winners
- Gold Category Articles
- Silver Category articles
- Download Links
First, Happy New Year to all.
- My best wishes that 2014 brings you all the success in competitive exams that you ever wanted. But for that wish to come true- you’ve to stick to the standard reference books and newspapers, maintain your own notes, practice aptitude + answer writing, revise often and avoid company of crybabies and pessimistic people.
- Coming to the task hand: this is the first post on Mrunal.org for the year 2014. Contains a great cache of articles covering wide range of topics for prelims, mains, and interview – some of this relevant even to the upcoming interviews of IIMs, IBPS and ACIO.
- For those who’re new to this site: Every month, a writing competition is held, top winners are given book prizes as award, and all the good entries are released in a zip file so others can use it for their own preparation.
- Collectively, this leads to saving of electricity, bandwidth and manhours worth lakhs of rupees (had everyone tried to gather same material on their own).
- + the writer himself gets maximum grip over the topic, if the same thing is asked in exam, he is likely to perform the best + he earns good karma + can even win books.
Constant contributors=separate author page
In past, some writers have constantly contributed high quality articles, yet did not win any prize. But their good work deserves recognition. So, their reward will be a separate page that lists their name, bio, photo and contributions:
For example: Mrunal.org/authors/Manikandan
Requirements to get such separate author-page
- At least one of your article was shortlisted in platinum category in any month. (it doesn’t matter whether it won prize or not)
- Apart from that article, atleast 9 of your articles have been in the Gold and/or Platinum category. (Meaning total ten high quality articles.)
Don’t worry if you haven’t contributed that much, because competition will run even for upcoming months. Once you cross that limit, contact me with your bio and photo, and the page will be created.
Ya, but what’s the use of having such author-page?
- For any Job/PG/MBA interviews, you can mention “writing/blogging/content-writer” as your hobby/extra-curricular and give that web-link to your author page, as proof. (e.g.Mrunal.org/authors/Manikandan)
- It adds weight because Mrunal.org stands among Top-2000 websites for India. Of course, Anyone can open a blog and claim ‘writing’ as hobby- but it doesn’t impress the interview panel much, unless the site has a good Alexa rank and large number of subscribers.
- Same reason for the minimum requirement of ten articles (Else it doesn’t add much weight either.)
To put this rank in perspective:
|site||Alexa Web Ranking as of 1st Jan 2014 for India|
|Staff Selection (SSC)||591|
In the worst case: you can atleast use the author-page to impress your buddies/girlfriend.
Anyways, coming to the result for December 2013 article writing competition.
Platinum Category articles
(In alphabetical order of writers.)
|Indo China relations from the beginning till now. Aditya has continued with usual comprehensive coverage and analysis of bilateral issues with neighbors. This time with China.||Aditya Ravichandran|
|Multilateral Export Control Regimes: NSG, MTCR, Australia group, Wassenaar. the basics covered for GS3. Continue updating this note as per new developments and should come handy for Mains-2014.||Ashish Sheoran|
|Current Compilation-IR, Sci-tech, Polity and Administration related topics. Really neat compilation, way better than those so called competitive exam magazines that sell for 80-120 rupees.||B Babloo|
|Iran’s Nuclear Programme detailed from the beginning till the recent deal and its implications. Should come handy for the upcoming interviews.||Bishwarup Bhattacharjee|
|Reforms: Election, Police, Judicial. Plenty of fodder points to cite in essay and interview.||Deep|
|Critically Endangered Species in India. Should come handy for UPSC’s newfound love for this type of MCQs. Even contains photos of the birds and animals=easy to memorize. You should continue updating this table, will become a killer note for CSAT-2014.||Divya.V. Prabhu|
|Economy Basic Notes prepared from NCERT+NIOS. Should help for the theory based MCQs.||GV Simha|
|Sec66A vs Art19: Recent controversies related to Social media and freedom of speech. Plenty of angles covered.||Indrajeet Singh|
|BASEL III norms and Indian banks- challenges and the way ahead. (goodwill entry, hence not considered for prize.)||Karthik Reddy|
|Ministries and Departments of the Government for GS2. All beautifully summarized within 33 pages. Continue updating this according to new developments from pib.nic.in and it’ll become a killer revision note.||Manikandan A|
|Patent Laws, Issues, IPA, TRIPS, Novartis. Given a comprehensive coverage from the beginning till the latest Novartis controversy and allied topics.||Marudavanan|
|Pressure groups and formal informal associations and their role in the Polity for GS2. To the point revision note prepared. Should save you a lot of time in gathering the material. But good will entry hence not considered for prize. He has also provided||Pushpender Singh|
|Environment Protection in India- made a list of all laws and policies with salient features. continue updating this with new developmetsn=again killer note for prelims and mains.||Rajath G Krishnan|
|Police Reforms, the need for. Sufficient material to handle Essay, Interview, Group discussion on this matter. In past competitions, Shrey has written on comparing Constitutions, right issues of domestic servant and other topics related to polity –administration.||Shrey Khanna|
|2nd ARC Summary Report#1: RTI right to information act||Shrey Rawat|
|2nd ARC Summary Report#2: Unlocking Human Capital||Shrey Rawat|
|Science Tech Revision Notes- truckload of two markers.||Sudhir gunnu|
|Look east policy and India’s partners, relations with ASEAN countries and allied topics||Sushant Kumar Sinha|
|Optional_Psychology 2013 Mains Paper Analysis and source of answers. Should come handy to the new players. She had appeared in this year’s Mains and has also provided the essay she wrote in the exam, as a separate entry.||Swagata Tarafdar|
|India Bangladesh Enclaves, Amendment 119- Meaning, Issues, mock questions, neatly covered within four pages. Apart from this, he has also provided his strategy for English literature optional as a separate entry.||Kumar Ujjwal|
Very hard to pick. All the writers awesome in their own capacity but since there are only five books to give so winners have to be picked. The decision made according to the majority of Jury votes.