[Answerkey] UPSC Prelim-2016: Environment, Agriculture, Geography, Flora-Fauna, Summits, with Explanations for all CSAT Sets A, B, C and DDEVENDRA VISHWAKARMA
- Environment Biodiversity compared to last year UPSC
- Road ahead for Environment, biodiversity
- Conclusion: 2016 GS Paper- overall current and toughness
- Environment: International Treaties / Org: 10 MCQs
- Environment: National Schemes/Yearbook type: 6 MCQs
- Environment: Flora-Fauna: 5 MCQs
- Geography and Agriculture compared to last year
- Road ahead for Geography and Agriculture
- Geography: 4 MCQs; 1 From NCERT
- Agriculture: 5 MCQs
Environment Biodiversity compared to last year UPSC
|Yearbook type: Genetic Engineering Appraisal Committee asked. It was given on Page 303 of IYB-2015.||Ganga Basin Authority asked – but it’s given in IYB-2014.|
|International treaties / org: asked about
|—||Good number of questions from topics that were hot 2 Mains ago e.g. Ganga authority, Net Metering, Kasturi-Gadgil etc.|
|MCQs on Environmental R&D e.g. Biotoillets, IndARC, fuel cells.||None.|
For environment, As such the 2016’s paper is more- like 2015’s paper i.e. Majority of MCQs in easy to medium category. Unlike 2014’s paper where environment was a very tough cookie to crack.
Road ahead for Environment, biodiversity
- Since UPSC has combined the preliminary exams of both civil services and forest service, therefore, 1) significant portion of the paper will be occupied by this topic 2) some of the questions will be rather tough/technical for ordinary aspirant.
- But all in all, not too much outside the conventions sources i.e. NCERT, NIOS, ShankarIAS and Mrunal’s lecture videos on the international summits. Preparation should be centered around this circle.
Conclusion: 2016 Prelim GS-Paper- overall current and toughness
With this article, general studies Answerkey is over. So how does the overall paper look like?
|Toughness||Yes this is completely subjective classification: Out of total 100 GS questions
Environment: International Treaties / Org: 10 MCQs
5. Consider the following pairs :
|Terms sometimes seen in the news||Their origin|
|1. Annex—I Countries||Cartagena Protocol|
|2. Certified Emissions Reductions||Nagoya Protocol|
|3. Clean Development Mechanism||Kyoto Protocol|
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
<atarget=”_blank” title=”Proof screenshot that UPSC prelim question could be solved from Mrunal.org – because bogus marketing propoganda is as important as teaching” href=”http://flic.kr/p/LbTfmy”>
Mrunal Lecture L8/P6: Climate finance: All three terms are associated with Kyoto Protocol. Therefore, answer “C” 3 only.