[Topper’s Interview] Pratibha Singh (AIR 407/ CSE 2012) Hindi Literature, Geography, Working ProfessionalDevendra Vishwakarma
Starting this season’s first interview-Pratibha Singh, she is an Assistant (CSS) in Commerce Ministry, cracked UPSC without leaving job.
- Work Ex
- Advice to Working professionals
- Family background
- Study Momentum
- Strategy: CSAT (Aptitude)
- Strategy: GS
- Mains 2013
- Geography (Optional)
- Hindi Literature (optional)
- Optional Subject in Mains 2013?
- Compulsory papers
- Previous Attempts
- Insecurity about “Profile”
- Family and Friends
- Message to aspirants
- Bogus marketing propaganda
|Rank (CSE 2012)||407|
|Medium for Mains Exam||HINDI|
|Centre for Prelim exam||LUCKNOW|
|Centre for Mains exam|
|Your home town/city|
|No. of attempts||3|
|Did you appear in any other competitive exams?||
|% in class 10||72.5(U.P. Board)|
|% in class 12||78.5(U.P. Board)|
|Graduation course and %||B.A(HISTORY,GEOGRAPHY) and 76.5%|
|Name of college and year of passing out||LUCKNOW UNIVERSITY in 2006|
|PG (if applicable)||NA(I am planning to do it now)|
|Any professional courses (if applicable)||NA|
Provide details of Extracurricular actives, achievements and hobbies.
- Class monitor for consecutive 4 years at school level.
- House Vice Caption for 2 years at school level.
- Awarded silver medal for securing 2nd position in Intermediate examination.
- Project leader of my project group at college level.
- Topper of the batch in graduation course.
- Secured AIR-9 in SSC-CGL 2006.
Interested in carom and badminton, helping mother in kitchen, teaching children.
Q. Provide details of your job experience, name of post, months/years.
- LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION– Assistant for near 9 months- Salary 8500pm
- CSS through SSC: MINISTRY OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY,GOVERNMENT OF INDIA- Assistant- from 2009 till present –Salary 38500pm
- Did you leave the job to prepare for upsc yes/no
NO(due to family compulsions AND in my opinion you can manage with Job also because when you know that time is less with you, you automatically work harder and harder)
Advice to Working professionals
Q. Your advice to fellow working professionals who’re preparing for upsc simultaneously.
- Just believe in yourself and don’t let your hardwork be overpowered by work stress or even failure(its easy to say so but when you yourself wont realize your strength, you cant give your best).
- To be very frank,managing preparation that too of IAS with job is never easy..there are times and days when you feel like giving up making yourself convince that your present job is good enough…but then again the next morning you wake up with full motivation and strength as if you are the only one who can qualify this examination. I just want to say that “you” are the best and you have to qualify IAS,no matter how much tuff the situations are..and believe me my dear friends “hard work” never..never goes in vain.
Tell us something about your family
- My father was also a competitor. He gave several interviews of IAS,PCS,PCS-J,APO but didn’t succeed but till now the fire of competition is within him and he always motivates us for doing our best. We have faced very adverse conditions- both financial and mental but my Papa acted as a candle in those days of darkness for us. Our success is a result of sacrifice which Papa and Mummy made for us….
- Mother:House wife
|Did you join any Coaching?||For Pre- NoFor mains- Yes
For interview- No
|Did you join any postal courses?||Yes- CrackIAS but only current affairs portion are helpful but you can ignore that too also because you can get better alternatives.|
|Did you join any Mock test series?||No|
Q. When and how did you get the inspiration / motivation / desire to prepare for Civil service exam?