[SSC-CGL] Document Verification & Typing Test (DEST) for Tax Assistants: Experience & Tip sharingDevendra Vishwakarma
This is a guest post by Mr.Chandra Deo, a veteran SSC player.
- SSC CGL 2013 Document verification
- Tips for Typing Test / DEST for Tax Assistants
- During Actual Computer test
SSC CGL 2013 Document verification
- In SSC recruitment after you clear Tier 1 and Tier2, the document verification stage comes for all Interview post and non-interview posts.
- Document verification is done before interview for those who qualified for interview
- but for those who qualified for only non-interview post, there is a separate call for them by their ssc regional office for this purpose.
- Here I am sharing my experience (From 2013-Re-Exam cycle) for the benefit of those who will appear for document verification stage.
- Centre for document verification- Usually it is your regional office of ssc – example for NR region it is SSC NR region office.
- In my case it was SSC office ,CGO complex. How to reach – Metro route is suitable and more convenient way . Destination metro station – JLN stadium , (2nd station from central secretirate in badarpur line)
- Go to gate no 2 and after 1 min walking distance you will reach ssc office . Keep you valid ID proof ready because security reasons they allow you to enter in CGO complex only if you have id proof.
- Reporting time- Try to reach there at time . Because SSC staff donot allow you to enter in ssc building before the mention time.
- Try to get the information of the room no where your document verification will be conducted. This information is given at the gate of ssc building.
- When they allow you to enter in ssc building (8th floor) and divide all of you on the basis of group (that is mentioned in your call letter send by ssc for document verification). Please keep your call letter ready.
- You will first given some undertakings-Like- OBC non creamy layer undertaking and other one is that you have not barred by any govt recruitment agency. (fill up and sign them with date)
- After that you will be send to your respective rooms and don’t forget to sign on attendance sheet.
- SSC lazy staff will call you on the basis of serial no that they have assigned you. You will be given a file containing your past records (T1 ,T2 attendance sheet, online submitted form copy (that you have submitted 2 years before) )
- Now following documents are required – original as well as one set of photocopies (self attested only )
- 10th marksheet + certificate
- 12th marksheet + certificate
- Graduation marksheet (all semesters ) + degree
- 2 passport size photos (that you have paste in various stages of exam)
- Cast certificate – Obc /sc /st /Ph etc
- Post preference sheet filled by you.
- Affidavit is required if you name has been changed after your 10th exam.
What they are checking (for 2013 Re-exam Cycle)
- Whether you have complete your graduation before 1 Jan 2013 or not?
- Whether all documents have your and your fathers correct name or not?
- Whether caste certificate is prescribed central govt format or not ? whether caste certificate has round govt seal or not?
- Whether OBC caste certificate is issued not earlier than 16/02/2010 and not after than the last date of document verification ?
- After some time they will call you by your serial no and verify all your photocopies with original .
- After that your file will be passed to next desk ,where your all data will be filled online and you will be given 2 copies of scrurtiny sheet . Please do check whether ssc staff has submitted ever entry correctly or not .
- After that you have to sign on those sheets and submit it to the staff , they also sign on both copies and one is given to you and other one will kept by them in your file.
- Now at last you have only given scrutiny sheet, take an official stamp on it . It is a proof that your documents have been verified and you got clearance by ssc.
- Keep this scrutiny sheet for DEST and CPT exams.
- If someone wants to change his correspondence address then write an application and attach a Xerox of address proof which you want to be mentioned , Submit it at time of verification.
- Please note:– if any of your document is not in prescribed format or missing then they take undertakings and give a time of 7 days to submit. But better to avoid this.
- NOC – is required for those who completed 3 years of central govt services.
Tips for Typing Test / DEST for Tax Assistants
- Unlike last year exams SSC separated document verification and DEST.
- This DEST is only for those who are willing to get Tax assistant post in CBEC / CBDT.
- Which one is better (CBDT or CBEC) is already explained in previous article of mrunal.org. link
- Please reach the venue on time. (Even if you reach later then also they will consider you).
Documents required for DEST
- Call letter for DEST (sent by SSC)
- 2 Passport size photo
- Security sheet (2 pages with SSC official stamp), that you got after document verification (original copy)
- Valid ID proof
- No need to carry original documents. This process has been already finished at time of verification.
- For NR region centre may be- All India Rural local self govt , D bock Pankha road , Industrial area
- Nearest metro- Uttam nagar east (take metro going towards Dwarka ). From Uttam nagar metro take any bus (max 10 rs)- ask him to drop you at D block.
- After you reach at D block ask anyone where is Sardar patel Bhawan . In this building there is – All India Rural local self govt .
- They will allow you to enter at time mentioned in your call letter .
- Make sure you have sign in attendance sheet . They will verify your identity and you have to sign in various pages + some thumb impression also.
- After they provide you a sticker in which your computer ID mentioned.
- After these formalities they will allow to enter into computer rooms.
During Actual Computer test
- In my batch many candidates got small keyboard , which are not user friendly. Make sure you are friendly with key board . You can ask him to replace the keyboards.
- Enter your roll no. in space given in screen. Click on enter- Screen display your data base – verify whether all info is correct – Then click on confirm
- Next screen -2 min trial will be given to you . (Instructor will provide you 2 sheets – one for trial and other for typing test)
- Trial text will not be evaluate in any condition. So don’t bother about it.
- After your 2 min trial actual typing will be start.
- Time- 15 min , strokes- 2000
- Speed – 25 wpm.
- In this age of internet-active youngsters, typing test is not really difficult. but just to get practice, you should type a few passages and tables at home from any book or newspaper column or Government report.
Please keep following things in mind during typing:
- Dont press Ctrl+S while typing (otherwise system will automatically save what ever you have type at that time)
- Dont look at automatic timer displayed in your screen (it will unnecessary create a fear and divert your mind)
- Dont look others if anyone completes the passage before time (Most of the candidates who got Non interview call are already employed as LDC or UDC. So its natural they’re faster at typing than others.)
- It is a qualifying test and don’t bother about mistakes (Required accuracy 95%)
I request other senior players to share their experience and tips. Any queries mention in the comments, I’ll try to reply them- best wishes to all, Sincerely, Chandra Deo.