[SSC-CGL] Age relaxation increased by 3 years for all categories- Gen. can give upto 30 yrs; No interviews for any postDEVENDRA VISHWAKARMA
- +3 Age relaxation in SSC
- What about the remaining posts?
- Tentative dates for SSC CGL-2017 exam
- Revised Exam Structure of SSC CGL 2017
+3 Age relaxation in SSC
- Earlier, in SSC-CGL exam, the age limit for general category was 27 years.
- Now for selected post, Government has increased it to 30 years. (and subsequently, OBC, SC, ST age limits also raised by threesince their formula is tied with the age limit of general category.) Ref-circular
- Age will be counted on 1 Aug 2017 for CGL exam 2017. (Ref-circular)
|S.No.||Post name||Grade Pay||General
|Assistant in CVC||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|2.||Assistant in MHA||4600||21-30||21-33||21-35|
|3.||Assistant in Railways||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|4.||Assistant in MEA||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|5.||Assistant in Defence||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|6.||Assistant in other ministries||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|7.||Assistant in other ministries||4200||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|8.||Income Tax Inspector||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|9.||Inspector Central Excise||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|12.||Inspector of Post||4200||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|14.||Inspectors in Narcotics||4200||18-30||18-33||18-35|
What about the remaining posts?
From last year notification, the age limit for following posts as follows-
|S.No.||Post name||Grade Pay||Gen.||OBC||SC/ST|
|1.||CSS Assistant||4600||18-30||18-33||18-35 years|
|2.||Sub inspector in NIA||4200||18-30 years||18-33 years||18-35 years|
|3.||SI in CBI||4200||18-30||18-33||18-35|
|4200||18-32 years||18-35 years||18-37 years|
- Rest of the posts of grade Pay 2400 and 2800 will have age limit as 18-27 years. No change in their criteria.
- Office memorandum is silent on age limit of Assistant in IB
- For job profile, posting, promotion of all of above posts, visit this earlier article
Tentative dates for SSC CGL-2017 exam
As per exam calendar available in SSC official website.
|Online form will be available||Tier 1||Tier II||Tier III||Tier IV|
|11.03.2017 to 15.04.2017||19 -6-17 to 02 -07-2017
(Online Test )
|12.11.2017 ( DESCRIPTIVE paper )||December 2017, Skill Test
(Typing etc. for Tax Assistants, Assistants in CSS etc)
Revised Exam Structure of SSC CGL 2017
According to this SSC notification, The revised exam structure is as following
|Tier I||Objective (MCQ)||Maths – 25 Q
Reasoning – 25 Q
English- 25 Q
GK- 25 Q
Duration: 75 min
(1/4 negative marking)
|Tier II||Objective (MCQ)||Maths – 100 Q
English -200 Q
General Studies- Only for AAO post
(Finance and Economics)
[Finance and Accounts for which there would be 40 questions carrying 80 marks and Economics and Governance which would have 60 questions carrying 120 marks.] Statistics – 100 Q – Only for Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.
Duration: 02 hours
(1/4 negative marking)
|200 marks each paper|
|Tier III||Descriptive paper||Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words
Duration: 01 hour
(min. 33 marks essential)
Medium- either in Hindi or in English.
Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.